Wave Synthesis with Max4Live
- Level: Introductory/medium
- Costs: 40€ (4h / 1day)
- Max number of participants: 10 people
- Min number of participants: 4 people
- Sign-up through this form if you want to join: click here
- Contact: email@example.com
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN HEADPHONES
With the aid of Max for Live, together we will build a wave table synthesizer that can morph dynamically between classic and custom wave forms. We will also touch upon some more broad synthesis concepts as we encounter them.
What you will learn among many things in this workshop:
- What are wave tables and wave forms and how are they musical?
- How to use Max's inventory of objects to create a wave table synthesizer (i.e. midi related objects, different oscillator objects, envelopes and LFO networks etc.)
- How to make wave tables dynamic (modulations, morphing etc.)
- Other general approaches to synthesis
About the workshop holder
I am Sébastien Vaillancourt, Canadian composer and Master student in electroacoustic music in the HfM Hanns Eisler Berlin. I’ve been a pianist and composer all my life and I’ve been teaching music for several years including Max and Max4live.
As an artist I've touch upon many aspects of music, namely instrumental composition, organology, acoustics, electronics, music programming and more. I have been active as a performer and as a teacher since 2 years in Berlin. I have been giving lessons in private and some workshops in Max/Max4Live in different places, including at the University of performing arts Vienna, at the HfM Hanns Eisler and several times at the Superbooth. My teaching method has always been to build something together with the students so we can hit the “walls” together and find solutions together.