Artification: Project presentation
- Doors: 16:30
- Start time: 17:00
GAMMA Festival 2018 / Open call / Artification project
- Open call for artists / 30th of April - 1st of June
- Exhibition / 19th - 22nd of July / Gamma Festival / Saint-Petersburg / Russia
Presentation of the new season of Artification project and GAMMA Festival 2018
There will be an open dialogue with curators and organizers and the theme of this season will be announced.
- Olaf Bender
- Nick Meehan
- Liza Savina
- Slava Kostyakhin
- Moderator - Peter Kirn
GAMMA festival is a large-scale avant-garde event will take place at St. Petersburg between July 19th and 22nd. In 2017 it established itself as one of the most exciting Russian music festivals, and this year has grown in scale, with 85 modern musicians and artists from 15 countries coming to St. Petersburg to participate in one of the top music, art and new urban festivals in Russia.
GAMMA takes place in a number of great locations including the Stepan Razin Brewery, the first Russian brewery founded in 1795, which will be the main venue for the festival and the object of transformation. To date, a part of the factory is protected as an industrial monument and is no longer operational. It is here that festival stages will be located, along with a large-scale exhibition of media installations, street art, art and science objects and sound art installations created by artists as part of the Artification project.
Artification is an international experimental platform aimed to support and develop various facets of contemporary art and new talents. The purpose of the project is to initiate interaction between beginners and experienced artists, support the most recent trends in contemporary art and create conditions for creative international collaboration. This platform offers you an opportunity to submit your project and get support from the community, curators and organizers of "Artification". The best works are presented annually at Gamma festival of music, art and new urban culture.
OPEN CALL for 2 categories:
- Street art objects
Art and Technology:
- Media Art
- Art and Science
- Sound Art
- Olaf Bender - founder of the infamous German AV-label Raster (ex-Raster Noton).
- Marie-Kristin Meier - сurator, co-founder member of the Association Institute for Sound & Music.
- Sergey Kasich - experimental electronic musician, curator.
- Natalia Fuchs - art critic, curator, new media researcher and specialist in culture management. Executive director of the Winzavod Fund for the Support of Contemporary Art.
- Liza Savina - curator, art critic, gallerist, founder of the curatorial agency Sparta.
- Albina Motor - co-founder of the Institute of Research and Development of Street Art, producer, curator of city programs.
- Andrey Voronov - artist-architect, member of the association “Arhataka”.
- Daniyar Yusupov - architect, urbanist and specialist of revitalization of urban spaces. Professor of St. Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering.
- Ivan Logos - ideologist and founder of m_division creative association, co-founder and producer of Gamma festival.
m_division is a progressive thinking team experienced in creating large-scale music events and developing creative initiatives, aimed not only to present, but also to create the new culture of today. M_division’s main mission is to unite people, ideas, emotions and art.
Accreditation for media: firstname.lastname@example.org