16 November | 19:00
CryptoParty is a global, decentralized initiative to introduce the most basic cryptography programs and fundamental concepts of their operation to the general public.
What you do on the internet can be tracked. The state, advertisers or whoever wants information about you is not hesitating to collect. The good news is that you can learn how to protect your privacy on the Internet. Strong encryption is not only for spies, presidents and banks. Encryption is for everyone, and everyone has the right to privacy.
At a CryptoParty you can learn or teach how to encrypt emails, chats and data and how to stay anonymous online. You don't need specific knowledge to attend a CryptoParty. The only thing you need is a laptop or a smartphone.
Everyone can learn it! Everyone has the right to privacy!
- mobile security encrypt emails with PGP
- encrypt your IMs with XMPP and OTR
- anonymous surfing Tor
- privacy enhancing browser plugins
- hard-drive encryption with VeraCrypt or LUKS
- password security and managers
- Linux installation
- Tails (safe and anonymous operating system… please bring a thumb drive if interested)
- Pond (encrypted Tor based messaging system without meta data and spam)
Useful for non-journalists as well: Information Security for Journalists