24 March | 18:00
Creative Output - Math Creations Art, Design, Math contest
At our first Creative Input - Math Creations Art, Design and Math contest event on January 27, 2017 at the Technische Universität Berlin we hosted an evening of discussion with speakers from two special research fields, who gave inspirational ideas for contest participants.
The final staged Berlin event will be: “Exhibition” May 5, 2017, 6 pm at SPEKTRUM. The winner´s results of the productive phase are presented and exhibited.
A professional film crew, directed by film-maker Ekaterina Eremenko (Colors of Math/ Чувственная математика, The Discrete Charm of Geometry will record the events as well as the realization process of the winning projects. A feature film will be produced to be screened internationally, starring all winners and their Math Creations.
Our jury members are:
- Christoph Gengnagel, Professor and Director of the Institute for Architecture and Urban Development, Universität der Künste Berlin
- Udo Walz, Hairdresser, Coiffeur Udo Walz
- Florence von Gerkan, Professor for costume, Universität der Künste Berlin
- Joanna Hofmann, Professor, University of Arts in Poznan, Director of Art & Science Node Berlin
- Almut Grüntuch-Ernst and Armand Grüntuch, Architects, Grüntuch Ernst Architekten BDA
- Jochen Brüning, Professor for Mathematics, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Christina Bylow, Author, Journalist, i. a. for Vogue, Berliner Zeitung
The contest is organized by special research fields “Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics” and “Raum - Zeit - Materie. Analytische und Geometrische Strukturen” in collaboration with IMAGINARY gGmbH. All events are open to the public and are free of charge!